WYES Private Beer Sampling Beer List!
Hey everyone, I was sent an advance copy of the WYES Private Beer Sampling beer list for Friday, June 21st... it's of course not finalized and subject to change, but I thought I'd share some of the beers that interest me the most. One of the best things about the Friday Private Beer Sampling is that breweries bring out some one-off special release beers and often casks. There are also select homebrews available, plus there will be food from Cabot Creamery, Sun Ray Grill and Zapp's Potato Chips! All included with the ticket price.
Also, be sure to check back next week as I'll be giving away a pair of tickets to the WYES International Beer Tasting on Saturday, June 22nd! Giveaway details to come later.
So here are the beers that really caught my eye when looking over the list:Abita Strawator
- 8.0% - American Strong Lager - Sounds like an attempt to combine the Strawberry Harvest Lager with the Andygator? I'm intrigued, for sure.Abita Specialty Firkin
- TBD - This is what I was talking about above... the breweries break out some special stuff for the Private Beer Sampling.Boston Beer Company Stonybrook
- 9.0% - American Wild Ale - Will try this for sure.Sierra Nevada Hoptimum
- 10.4% - Double IPA - So this isn't new or limited, but it's one of my favorite Double IPAs and I haven't had it yet in 2013, so that along has my mouth watering.NOLA Special Cask
- TBD - Just like the Abita above, this is one I will seek out, no matter what it is. NOLA will also have some of their standard brews, including the Mechahopzilla and 7th Street Wheat.40 Arpent Berliner Weiss
- 4.0% - 40 Arpent is one of the several breweries in planning that will be represented, I'm looking forward to their take on a German sour style.Cajun Fire Brewing
- These guys are planning on bringing a Lemon Berry Ale, Hoppy Hour Double IPA, Acadiana Honey Ale, and Root Beer Ale. I plan on trying all four.Chafunkta Brewing FontaineBlue Berry Wheat IPA
- 6.5% - Fruit Beer - A wheat IPA with Japanese and American hops plus fresh LA blueberries? I'm excited to try this offering from Louisiana's newest craft brewery.Gnarly Barley Porter Rican
- 6.0% - Porter - I've heard a lot about this brew from Gnarly Barley, so I'm excited to try it... a Baltic Milk Porter infused with organic toasted coconut and aged on rum soaked oak chips. They had me at Gnarly.Great Raft Ermahgerd Hops
- 7.5% - Double IPA - Love the name from this Shreveport brewery in planning... they should be legal pretty soon.Great Raft Reasonably Corrupt
- 4.8% - Schwarzbier - Another one from Shreveport's brewery in planning, nothing wrong with a good schwarzbier!Mudbug King Cake Ale
- 4.0% - Spiced Ale - Yes, it lives up to the name.Mudbug Cask Conditioned Chocolate Cajun Stout
- 5.5% - American Stout - I like everything about that.Old Rail Cow Catcher Milk Chocolate Stout
- 5.7% - Milk Stout - About time we see something from this brewpub in Mandeville!Old Rail Seven Sisters IPA
- 7.0% - American IPA - More from this new brewpub in Mandeville.Tu Lu Lu Kölsch
- 5.0% - Kölsch - Nothing really exciting about a kölsch to me, but apparently there's a new brewery in planning, and THAT is exciting.Crooked Letter Brewing
- This new brewery from Ocean Springs, MS is expected to bring 5 beers to the party. I'm expected to try them all.Parish Calypso Single Hop IPA
- 6.5% - American IPA - I want to try everything Parish makes. Everything.Parish Pacifica Single Hope IPA
- 6.5% - American IPA - See above.Tin Roof Rougarou Black Ale
- 9.5% - Double Black IPA - I've been wanting to try this Tin Roof offering ever since I heard about it.Homebrewers
- Honestly, the best thing about any festival that allows homebrewers is well... the homebrews. There are a lot of beers above to try, but there will be several homebrews as well, including two from my club, the Brasseurs A La Maison
. Last year I wasn't able to try them all, and looking back at the list above, I probably won't this year either. At least not if I want to remember them.